Dragon Age: Inquisition is getting a huge patch today, fixing a number of annoying issues.
I love Dragon Age: Inquisition, but it is a bit buggy and there are some features which don’t quite work the way I’d like.
In a huge patch, the second the game has received if you count the day-one update, BioWare has addressed a great many of these issues, which is terrific. It may not up the banter rate, but whatever; I’ll take it.
Some of the highlights of the patch include:
- Increased duration that search highlights things, and added highlighted items to radar while they are highlighted.
No more jamming the search button and flinging the camera wildly about hoping you’re not wasting your time on an Elfroot!
- Fixed several conversation lines which would take a very long time to advance to the next line unless they were manually skipped.
You know how sometimes you say something, and they say something, and you say something, and they say something, and then they just stare at you for long minutes? It was quite realistic, but also annoying.
- Fixed case where followers could float above the ground after extended periods of play
Honestly going to miss this one a bit. No word yet on the “being flung into the sky after battle” bug I get a lot.
- Fixed Cullen’s hair having some strange shadows during cinematics
This is very important to me, for reasons.
- Fixed case where users could get stuck on an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers” and also Fixed issue which could result in an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers” on the main menu
The fix so good BioWare implemented it twice, apparently.
I’ve been pretty whimsical here; there are loads of really excellent fixes and you should definitely check them all out. Full patch notes are available on the BioWare Blog. The update should roll out today for every platform except Xbox One, which is awaiting a release date.