Bungie has outlined a few of its plans for PvE, PvP and Exotic upgrades following fan confusion.
Bungie has posted a lengthy new update ahead of the release of The Dark Below expansion to try and explain its intentions regarding the recently-announced changes, and dispel player confusion on some of it.
First up, the developer explained the whole system in bullet-points for easy reading.
- Destiny will continue to provide new ways to evolve
- Your existing items will still be effective in any encounter
- The Dark Below will contain exclusive options to level up
- More powerful Exotics will drop, or be sold by Xûr
- More powerful Legendaries will drop, or be sold by vendors
- More powerful Raid gear will drop – and more often!
- More predictable options will upgrade beloved Exotics
- Exotic upgrades purchased from Xûr replace weaker items
- Exotic upgrade paths require much less time and material
- An upgraded Exotic is more powerful right out of the box
Xur will have many Exotics in stock for upgrade each week, should you choose to. Exotics will continue to drop and be purchasable from Xur.
Bungie also talked about upcoming fixes for bugs introduced with the recent patch.
- Pocket Infinity – charges too quickly after the first shot, fix in progress, to be released in a future update
- Daily Event Reward Packages – no longer delivered by the Postmaster after a Public Event, will be fixed automatically in The Dark Below update
PvP is also getting a slew of new changes and something Bungie is calling “Slaughter Rules,” which is already live.
- In the event of a massacre, all parties are returned to orbit at the conclusion of the match
- Team-based playlists: If one team is grossly under-performing, the session is dissolved in favour of matchmaking
- Rumble playlist – If three or more players are grossly under-performing, the session is dissolved in favour of matchmaking/span>
Once The Dark Below launches, multiplayer playlists will see some tweaks.
- Limited-time playlists (Salvage and Combined Arms) will be available to all players
- Bastion and First Light have moved out of Control and Clash to Combined Arms
- New Playlists will let you play new content right away
- Playlists will require The Dark Below to enter
- Each week, we’ll have two additional Premium Playlists
- Week One will be Clash and Rumble on new maps
- Rotators will change each week
- New experimental modes to be included!
In addition to the above details, Bungie has also confirmed the return date of the Iron Banner.