Halo: The Master Chief Collection will be updated with much-needed fixes to matchmaking as of November 20.
The next Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch is due in the afternoon of November 20, Pacific Time.
According to Halo Waypoint, the new patch addresses a number of issues with the UI, campaign, Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary as well as applying matchmaking fixes.
Follow the link above to see the full patch notes; for now, here’s the matchmaking section, since that seems to be the most pressing issue at present.
- Addressed a number of issues that resulted in extended matchmaking times and low matchmaking success rates.
- Made a number of updates to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player. With this update, you’ll see better, more frequent and more informative status updates throughout the matchmaking flow – so “Players Found” for example, will be displayed to let players know where they are in the matchmaking process instead of simply wondering if it’s going to connect.
- The improved matchmaking flow is as follows:
– Searching for more players
– Players found
– Finalizing matchmaking process
– Connecting session
- Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
- Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games
- Made an update to ensure that the Roster correctly displays the “searching” UI rather than “My Game Session” while searching for players
- Removed the possibility to boost ranking through a custom games exploit
- Made an update to ensure that players cannot get stuck in the matchmaking screen during map voting
- Made an update to ensure that the “Connecting to your game” message no longer incorrectly displays in the lower right of the screen during gameplay
- Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team
- Made an update to prevent players from seeing the “connection failed” dialogue if disconnected during the map voting screen
- Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
- Made improvements to the accuracy and stability of the “Game Session Details” UI
- Improved version compatibility