Halo: The Master Chief Collection will launch with ten multiplayer playlists to help you tackle the enormous amount of content it offers.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection had been expected to launch with 12 playlists, but 343 Industries has made a few changes to the list announced last month.
In an update on Halo Waypoint, the developer said it has decided to ditch the dedicated Halo: Combat Evolved playlist until it can ensure the Halo: CE multiplayer experience is “the best it can be within Halo: The Master Chief Collection” through post-launch support. Halo: CE content will still be available in custom matches and some other playlists.
A few other changes have been made: the Team Hardcore playlist will only include Halo 2 Classic tournament-approved game types, with Halo 3 custom map variants to be added at a later date. It looks like the Halo eSports playlist has been renamed as the Halo Championship Series playlist, and the Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social playlist seems to have been axed altogether for a total of ten playlists at launch.
You can see the full list below:
- Team Slayer
- Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.
- Game Types: Halo: CE Team Slayer, H2 Team Slayer, H2 Team BR, H2A Team Slayer, H2A Team Slayer BR, H3 Team Slayer, H3 Team Slayer BR
- Maps: Battle Creek, Damnation, Rat Race, Prisoner, Hang ‘em High, Chill Out, Derelict, Wizard, Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Colossus, Zanzibar, Foundation, Warlock, Sanctuary, Turf, Elongation, Gemini, Warlord, Lockdown, Zenith, Shrine, Stonetown, Bloodline, Assembly, Citadel, Construct, Ghost Town, Snowbound, Heretic, High Ground, Isolation, Last Resort, Narrows, Orbital, The Pit, Standoff, Guardian
- Halo Championship Series
- The official Halo eSports playlist, featuring the Halo 2: Anniversary Halo Championship Series rule set. 4v4.
- Game Types: HCS Team Slayer, HCS Neutral Bomb Assault, HCS 3 Flag CTF, HCS 5 Flag CTF, HCS Team Crazy King
- Maps: Shrine, Lockdown, Warlord
- Team Halo 2: Anniversary
- Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.
- Game Types: Team Slayer, Team Slayer BR, CTF BR, Oddball BR, Territories BR, 1 Flag CTF BR, Multi-Bomb Assault BR, Neutral Bomb Assault BR, Ricochet BR, 1 Bomb Assault BR
- Maps: Warlord, Lockdown, Zenith, Shrine, Stonetown, Bloodline
- Big Team Battle
- Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.
- Game Types: Halo: CE Team Slayer, Halo: CE CTF, Halo: CE Team King, H2 BTB Team Slayer, H2 1 Flag CTF, H2 1 Bomb Assault, H2 Multi-Flag CTF, H2 Crazy King, H2 Muti-Bomb, H2A BTB Team Slayer, H2A Team BR, H2A 1 Flag CTF BR, H2A 1 Bomb Assault BR, H2A Crazy King BR, H2A 3 Plots BR, H2A Gungoose CTF, H3 BTB Team Slayer, H3 Multi-Flag CTF, H3 Multi-Bomb, H3 1 Flag CTF, H3 1 Bomb Assault, H3 Territories, H3 Team Crazy King, H4 BTB Slayer Pro, H4 CTF
- Maps: Sidewinder, Hang ‘em High, Blood Gulch, Ice Fields, Death Island, Danger Canyon, Infinity, Timberland, Gephyrophobia, Burial Mounds, Zanzibar, Coagulation, Headlong, Waterworks, Containment, Relic, Terminal, District, Uplift, Stonetown, Bloodline, Avalanche, Last Resort, Longshore, Rat’s Nest, Sandtrap, Standoff, Valhalla, Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter, Vertigo
- Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble Pit
- Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.
- Game Types: H2A Slayer, H2A Slayer BR, H2A Crazy King, H2A Juggernaut, H2A Oddball
- Maps: Warlord, Lockdown, Zenith, Shrine
- Halo 2 Classic
- It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.
- Game Types: Team Slayer, Team Slayer BR, 1 Flag CTF BR, Crazy King, Team Ball BR, Neutral Bomb, Multi-Fag CTF, Multi-Flag CTF BR, Team Snipers, 1 Bomb Assault, 1 Bomb Assault BR, Multi-Bomb BR, 3 Plots BR
- Maps: Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Elongation, Colossus, Gemini, Zanzibar, Foundation, Warlock, Sanctuary, Turf
- Halo 3
- A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.
- Game Types: Team Slayer, Team Slayer BR, Multi-Flag CTF, Multi-Bomb, Team Crazy King, Team Ball, Multi-Flag CTF, 1 Flag CTF, 1 Bomb Assault, Territories, Neutral Bomb
- Maps: The Pit, Construct, Heretic, Assembly, Blackout, Citadel, Cold Storage, Ghost Town, Guardian, High Ground, Isolation, Last Resort, Narrows, Orbital, Standoff
- Halo 4
- A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.
- Game Types: Team Slayer, Legendary Slayer BR, Team Crazy King, Team Ball, Extraction, CTF
- Maps: Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Solace, Monolith, Landfall, Skyline, Pitfall, Vertigo
- Team Hardcore
- A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.
- Game Types: H2 Hardcore Team Slayer, H2 Hardcore Team Ball, H2 Hardcore CTF MidWar, H2 Hardcore Assault, H2 Hardcore CTF Sanctuary
- Maps: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock, Beaver Creek
- SWAT (Rotational)
- Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.
- Game Types: H2 Team SWAT, H2A Team SWAT, H3 Team SWAT, H4 Team SWAT, plus a sampling of SWAT Objective game types from each game, including CTF and Crazy King
- Maps: Lockout, Ascension, Midship, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek, Colossus, Warlock, Sanctuary, Turf, Elongation, Gemini, Zenith, Lockdown, Warlord, Shrine, Adrift, Haven, Landfall, Monolith, Skyline, Pitfall, Vertigo
343 Industries has said it will tune the playlists as needed, but there are always custom matches if none please you.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection reviews are very positive. The bundle releases exclusively on Xbox One on November 11.