Destiny players have been waiting quite some time for a promised adjustment to Exotic weapons, which is just one of a number of changes coming to the shooter MMO soon.
Destiny community manager David “Deej” Dague has said Bungie has “several bundles of joy in our hold”, which will “land in the weeks to come”. No more precise ETA was provided, but it’s the first timeframe Bungie has supplied for the long-promised update.
In the latest weekly update on Bungie.net, Dague listed the things Bungie has promised:
- Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
- Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
- New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
- That which waits in The Dark Below
However, Dague also mentioned a few things coming soon, which Bungie has kept secret (more or less):
- New shaders for your gear
- Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
- Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
- Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
- New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
- Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
- Some other tricks up our sleeve
- Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch (he’ll still be sort of a bastard)
Dague promised more details, including patch notes and developer updates, to explain precisely what all of these mysterious things mean.
Click through to the update to check out some concept art for the new areas to be added in these patches.