Nintendo has provided a list of its upcoming – oh god – “Nindies”.
During today’s Nintendo Direct, the platform holder made mention of a couple of upcoming indie releases. In the North American stream, it – ugh – described these titles as “Nindies”.
When you’ve finished shuddering over that, check out the list. There are quite a few you will have seen before and perhaps even played on other platforms – The Swapper, Thomas Was Alone, Trine, Beatbuddy, Gone Home and several more. But there’re some new faces, too:
- Runbow from 13AM Games (Wii U) – 2015
- Chromophore: The Two Brothers Director’s Cut from Ackk Studios LLC (Wii U) – Winter
- Citizens of Earth from ATLUS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS) – Winter
- Nihilumbra from BeautiFun Games (Wii U) – Winter
- The Swapper from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 6
- Thomas Was Alone from Curve Digital (Wii U) – Nov. 25
- Proun+ from Engine Software (Wii U) – Winter
- Trine Enchanted Edition from Frozenbyte (Wii U) – Winter
- Chariot from Frima Studio Inc. (Wii U) – Winter
- A.N.N.E. from Gamesbymo (Wii U) – Winter
- Gunman Clive 2 from Hörberg Productions (Wii U) – Winter
- SteamWorld Heist from Image & Form (Wii U) – Spring 2015
- Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games (Wii U) – Q1 2015
- Gone Home from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
- High Strangeness from Midnight City (Wii U) – Winter
- forma.8 from MixedBag (Wii U) – Winter
- A World of Keflings from NinjaBee (Wii U) – Nov. 13
- Tengami from Nyamyam Ltd. (Wii U) – Nov. 13
- Treasurenauts from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q1 2015
- Xeodrifter from Renegade Kid (Nintendo 3DS) – Q4
- Swords & Soldiers II from Ronimo Games BV (Wii U) – Winter
- Beatbuddy from THREAKS (Wii U) – Q1 2015
- Sportsball from TOO DX (Wii U) – Nov. 6
- 6180 the moon from Turtle Cream (Wii U) – Winter
- Rive from Two Tribes (Wii U) – 2015
In other “Nindie” news (ugh), Shovel Knight hit the eShop for 3DS and Wii U today.
Thanks, Shack News.