Monolith has announced details regarding an upcoming add-on for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor called Lord of the Hunt.
Basically, it adds a new Beastmaster Warchief and a new mount called the Wretched Graug which is similar to a massive troll. Like a troll, it can cause massive damage but on top of this, it vomits toxins and is accompanied by Caragaths – which Talion can also mount and ride in the game.
“The Wretched Graug is a new mount — one that vomits toxin onto its enemies — and it’s joined by a stealthy Caragath monster, in addition to five new Epic Runes,” design director Michael de Plater told IGN.
“With Caragaths you can crouch, stalk and pounce on your enemies, including death from above and below. It makes you feel like a predator. The Wretched Graug is more like driving a tank in the sense that his projectile vomit lets you wreak havok on the enemy camps.”
Along with the new mount, Beast Hunting challenges have been added to the Sea of Nurn area. New collectibles will also be present in the region.
Here’s a feature list for the DLC per the press release:
- New Story & Lore — Discover more tales from Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, as you work together to tame the beasts of Mordor and fight Sauron’s minions.
- New Missions & Challenges — New Beast Hunting challenges and collectibles open up new trophies and achievements.
- New Nemeses — Face off against the Beastmaster Warchiefs, powerful new Uruks who have the ability to ride monsters and engage in perilous mounted combat.
- New Monsters — Ride into battle on the Wretched Graug to vomit toxin at your foes, stalk your enemies on the predatory Caragath and attack from the shadows or raise an all-consuming Ghul Horde.
- New Epic Runes — Make your Mount unstoppable with five new epic Runes that make you the ultimate hunter.
- Test of the Wild — Test your skills against the Beastmasters and mount your trophies on the leaderboard.
- New Character Skin — Lord of the Hunt skin transform Talion into the ultimate Beastmaster.
The Lord of the Hunt DLC will be released later this year and will part of the $25 Season Pass. As of press time, pricing for the DLC outside of the Season Pass was not provided.
Shadow of Mordor is out now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It releases on PS3 and Xbox 360 November 18.