A new Company of Heroes 2 update adds two much anticipated features to Relic’s latest strategy release.
Company of Heroes 2 has been updated with Observer Mode and Mod Tools.
Observer Mode allows players to watch live multiplayer matches as they unfold. You can choose from a variety of viewing angles and perspectives, and even at various speeds.
It also provides access to plenty of data, so you can analyse what’s going on and hopefully learn something to improve your own game. Players allowing observers can even broadcast their games via integrated Twitch support, potentially increasing their audience.
Here’s a quick feature list:
- Hundreds of viewers
– More than 500 concurrent viewers per live match
– Ability to scale up to tens of thousands for special events
- Customized UI
– Ability to turn off UI for cinematic mode
– Information is easily displayed to quickly find the right match
- Customized settings
– Live-casting permission can be turned on or off
– Delay slider (0 to 15 minutes)
– Password option to bypass delay
- Data displayed
– Commander Trees, Commander abilities and cooldowns
- Observing as a party
– You can invite other users to the party
– Helps to keep casting teams together and in synch
Now to mod tools. You probably don’t need an explanation of what they are, so here’s a list of some of the features:
- Attribute Editor
- Mod Builder
- Archive Viewer
- Tuning Packs
- Win Condition Packs