Nintendo will release a special demo of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby today. Being a special demo, you won’t simply be finding it on the eShop, but there are a few ways around that.
This special demo can’t be found on the eShop, you’ll instead need a special code to download it. Nintendo has outlined few of the ways that you can get it however.
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last)
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last)
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
The demo will let you experience scenarios in the Hoenn region of the game. Items obtained in the demo will carry over to the full thing, along with a new Mega-Evolved Pokémon.