Yesterday, Microsoft announced Halo: Spartan Strike for release on Windows 8 devices and Steam. Today, the firm has released a trailer for the follow-up to last year’s Halo: Spartan Assault.
The top-down twin-stick shooter will contain weekly challenges in which players will contend for the top slot on the leaderboards.
Those who play Spartan Strike will also earn Xbox Achievements which unlock content for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which launches on Xbox One November 11 in North America and November 14 in the UK.
Set during the events of Halo 2, the Vanguard Games-developed title will run you $5.99 on Steam and Windows devices when it releases on December 12.
Below is a list of key features, per Microsoft:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately)