Nintendo is heading to IndieCade 2014 and it’s bringing 15 playable independent games with it.
Those who plan to attend the event can stop by Nintendo’s booth and try out the following Wii U and Nintendo 3DS digital games – some of which are playable for the first time ever:
- Affordable Space Adventures from KnapNok Games: A 2D side-scrolling spaceship simulator.
- The Fall from Over the Moon Games: A blend of adventure-game puzzle solving and side-scrolling action.
- Costume Quest 2 from Midnight City: Pick a fight with demented dental soldiers.
- Stealth Inc. 2 from Curve Digital: Players step into the role of a clone escaping a sinister and high-tech testing facility in this puzzle-platformer.
- Swords & Soldiers 2 from Ronimo Games BV: Side-scrolling strategy game that allows players to buy units, cast spells and build structures.
- Runbow from 13AM Games: A party action game for up to nine players.
- Sportsball from TOO DX: Up to four players fly exotic birds that flap, tackle and dunk balls into the net for points.
- Chariot from Frima: A physics-based co-op platformer where a princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient caves to bury the King’s remains.
- Beatbuddy from THREAKS: Action-adventure title which combines puzzle solving and enemy vanquishing with exploration, set to an original soundtrack.
- Woah Dave! from Choice Provisions: Players will be slaughtering aliens, stealing their loose change and racking up the highest score possible.
- Xeodrifter from Renegade Kid LLC: The story of an interstellar drifter traveling the stars who is on a mission of exploration in a classic 2D platform style.
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Shovel Knight from Yacht Club Games: Action-adventure game with platforming, memorable characters and an 8-bit retro aesthetic.
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse from WayForward: Shantae has lost her genie magic and must team up with her arch nemesis Risky Boots and become a pirate in order to save Sequin Land from an evil curse.
The developers which will be on-hand at Nintendo’s IndieCade booth will include the following:
- KnapNok Games
- Over the Moon Games
- Double Fine
- Yacht Club Games
- Ronimo Games
- 13AM Games
- TOO DX
- Choice Provisions
Nintendo will also be participating in “IndieCade Night Games” this year which features “gigantic multiplayer tournaments” for Sportsball and Runbow on Wii U.
IndieCade 2014 takes place in Culver City, California, this weekend October 10-12.