Capcom has revealed just how much money the Resident Evil films have accumulated worldwide. Guess how much combined? Close to $916 million.
The figures were posted in the firm’s annual financial presentation [PDF] and the top earner of the bunch was Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D.
If you add in the figures from other Capcom based properties turned into films, the figure tops $1 billion.
Other popular films based on video games include Street Fighter, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Super Mario Bros, and House of the Dead, respectively.
Here’s a list of the top-selling video game film properties per Siliconera.
- Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D (Capcom) – $296,221,663
- Resident Evil: Retribution (Capcom) – $240,159,255
- Resident Evil: Extinction (Capcom) – $147,717,833
- Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Capcom) – $129,394,835
- Resident Evil (Capcom) – $102,441,078
- Street Fighter (Capcom) – $99,423,521
- Silent Hill (Konami) – $97,607,453
- Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (Square) – $85,131,830
- Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) – $20,915,465
- House of the Dead (Sega) – $13,818,181
Just think of all the shoes that money could buy.