How to beat all the early enemies in Destiny.
Beginner’s tips: strategies for Destiny’s early enemies
Having a tough time in Destiny’s early stages? Conquer the Fallen with these strategies.
- Dregs: These guys are cannon fodder but they can be annoying if you don’t swat them quickly. I prefer to melee them. If you get in close you can take three out in rapid succession and you’ll feel like a fist-fighting badass.
- Thralls: They just come sprinting at you and in the dark of the cosmodrome, and these relentless enemies will make you jump. Don’t be put off by their speed and use it to you advantage. Just stand you ground and wait for them. As they get close go for headshots or melee kills.
- Acolytes: Ranged weapons will take care of Acolytes. They stay back and behind cover, so just aim down your sights and pick them off from a safe distance.
- Vandals: The Vandals are the toughest opponents I’ve come across in the early stages of Destiny. They’re quick, well-armed and have decent health. Going up against one is fine, but when there’s three or more you need to be more careful and use cover or they’ll overpower you.
- Captains: You can work down a Captain’s shield from a distance to gain the upper hand. Don’t get too close as they dual-wield swords, but also be careful of their projectile attack (even though it’s slow so easy to avoid). They move much slower than Vandals, and are even less of a threat inside structures, where they just seem to wander around at the back of a room. Basically, Captains are less of a threat than they look.
- Stealth Vandals: A cloaked version of a Vandal is not something with which you want to get trapped in a tight corner. The standard shotgun is effective against these, so, just like Thralls, wait for them to come to you and go for headshots and melee kills. You’ll panic when there’s three or four of them in a room, so keep calm and dispatch them efficiently.
- Servitors: Just like Captains, these look worse than they are. Aim for the eye and you’ll be fine. They don’t seem to dish out a lot of damage, either.
Head over to our Destiny guide for more tips and info.