Titan: Defender subclass guide
Shape Void Light into into an indestructible shield to protect you and your allies from harm.
As the name suggests, the Defender subclass turns your Titan into a classic defensive tank. The Defender’s super is defensive, rather than offensive, and will give you and your fire team time a brief pause in which to reload, regenerate shields, tick through cooldown timers, or just take a breath and look around. At a raid or strike, a defender will always know where their allies are, and be prepared to hand out buffs when needed.
The Defender’s progression trees follow:
- Magnetic grenade: a grenade that attaches to enemies and explodes twice.
- Spike grenade: a grenade that attaches to any surface and emits a torrent of damaging Void Light.
- Suppressor grenade: an explosive grenade that prevents enemies from using abilities for a short time
- Ward of Dawn (super)
- Armor of Light: while inside Ward of Dawn, you and your allies gain significant damage resistance
- Blessing of Light: passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary shield.
- Weapons of Light: passing through Ward of Dawn grants you and your allies a temporary increase to weapon damage.
Shape Void Light into an indestructible shield to protect you and your allies from harm.
- Disintegrate (melee)
- War machine: while Force Barrier is active all your weapons reload and ready blindingly fast.
- Gift of light: when Force Barrier is active, all your skills have a chance to create orbs of light.
- Unbreakable: Force Barrier continually recharges.
Killing an enemy with this powerful melee attack creates a Force Barrier around you which absorbs incoming damage.
- Bastion: increases the duration of Ward of Dawn.
- Relentless: increases the duration and strength of Force Barrier.
- Gift of the void: as Ward of Dawn takes damage from enemy fire, it creates additional orbs of light.
- Untouchable: reduces the cooldown time of Ward of Dawn.
- Iron Harvest: heavy weapons kills have a chance to create orbs of lights for your allies.
- Illuminated: increases the benefits granted by Blessing of Light and Weapons of Light.
Not quite your style after all? Check out the other options in our Destiny class Guide.