All the best deals in the UK and US, both for standalone consoles and software bundles.
You can’t suffer the itching any more. You need to buy a PS4. Where’s cheapest? In the UK it’s Gamestop, seemingly, and in the US there’s no discernible difference between any of the major retailers. Sucks to be American. Apart from the fact that the $399 Americans pay for the console (pre-tax) is £237. Sucks to be British.
Cheapest standalone consoles (UK)
We’ve only included consoles under £400. Gamestop appears to be the cheapest place in the UK to buy a new PlayStation 4 at the moment.
- CHEAPEST NEW CONSOLE: Gamestop – 500Gb console – £329.97
- Amazon UK – PS4 500Gb console – £347.71
- Tesco – PS4 500Gb console – £349.
- ShopTo – PS4 500Gb console – £349.85
- CHEAPEST PRE-OWNED CONSOLE: Grainger Games – PS4 500Gb console – £349.99 new, £299.99 pre-owned (thanks, Savygamer).
- GAME – PS4 500Gb console – £349.99 new, £329.99 pre-owned.
- Gameseek – PS4 500Gb console – £349.99
- Zavvi – PS4 500Gb console – £349.99
Best bundles (UK)
Not much point having a PS4 if you don’t have anything to play on it. Yes, there’s all that lovely PSN stuff, but you want a goddamn disc to spin in your purdy new Blu-ray drive. Here’s how to get a game cheapest.
- CHEAPEST CONSOLE WITH A GAME: Zavvi – PS4 500Gb console with Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag – £364.99
- ShopTo has many PS4 bundles on offer, including the console with Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag for £369.85.
- Gamestop – PS4 500Gb console with either Watchdogs or InFamous: Second Son – £369.97
- Gameseek – PS4 500Gb console with Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, Killzone Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs or Knack – £379.75.
- Amazon UK – PS4 500Gb console with either Watchdogs or Infamous: Second Son – £384.85
- GAME – PS4 500Gb console with the Watch Dogs Special Edition and Man of Steel and Wolverine Blu-rays – £384.99
- Tesco – Console, Spider-Man Blu-ray, InFamous: Second Son and 90 days of PlayStation Plus – £385
Head through to page 2 for best prices on American PS4 consoles and software bundles.