Call of Duty: Ghosts developer Infinity Ward has added a new chaos mode into its alien-blasting Extinction campaign. The team has penned a new guide to all the perks players will receive for racking up a combo against the horde.
We reported on the Call of Duty: Ghosts chaos mode patch yesterday, which also includes several changes to the core multiplayer mode. We’ve got the full list of update notes through the link.
Now, over on the Call of Duty blog, Infinity Ward spooled off a handy guide to give you an idea of how chaos mode works. Essentially, the enemy count is ramped up to a crazy level and getting a certain combo will unlock new perks to help tip the scales a little.
- Sit idly by and you won’t last long; stay in the fight and reap the rewards. As the combo meter reaches certain multiplier milestones, the following Perks will stack up in your favor against the Cryptids’ never-ending attack.
Perk (Combo Multiplier)
- Fast Hands (10)
- Increased Melee Damage (20)
- Better Traps (30)
- Gas Mask (40)
- Sleight of Hand (50)
- Stopping Power I (60)
- Steady Aim (70)
- Stalker (80)
- Revive Protection (90)
- Fast Health Regen (100)
- Marathon (110)
- More Cash (120)
- Stopping Power II (130)
- Agility (140)
- Extra Health (150)
- Feral Vision (160)
In addition to Perks, periodically bonus packages will drop that can help get your team out of a jam, including:
- Combo Freeze – Freeze the combo meter momentarily for all players
- Skill Upgrade – All players gain a Skill Point
- Grace Period – Add 30 seconds to the grace timer
- Self Revive – Pick yourself back up (one time use only)
- Bonus Score
- Bonus Cash
- Trophy System
- Hypno Knife
- Specialist – Unlimited ammo and Feral Vision for 15 seconds, plus extra bullet damage
- Tank – Taunt nearby Cryptids, plus 15 seconds of invulnerability
- Engineer – Lay a stasis field that Cryptids cannot enter for 15 seconds
- Medic – Emit an aura of healing and instant revive for 15 seconds
- Venom-X – Default Venom-X (Nightfall and Mayday only)
- Venom-X Fire – Fire variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Venom-X Lightning – Lightning variant of the Venom-X (Mayday only)
- Tesla Trap – Shock incoming Cryptids (Mayday only)
- Hypno Trap – Turn multiple Cryptids to your side (Mayday only)
- Stun Ammo – Stun ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Incendiary Ammo – Incendiary ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Explosive Ammo – Explosive ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
- Armor Piercing Ammo – Armor Piercing ammo for the whole team. Persists for all guns once obtained.
Let us know if you try the mode out.