Massive robot battler MechRunner, developed by Spark Plug Games with help of Avengers and Iron Man concept artist, is arriving on PS4, Vita, and PC sometime this summer. Check out the trailer.
MechRunner is described as a “high-octane endless action game.” You control a mech and destroy waves of enemies in an urban environment. Here’s a handy list of features:
– Switch between mech and tank modes on-the-fly
– Slice & dice enemy units with your sword
– Rescue civilians for extra points and awards
– Access an extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
– Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
– Numerous enemy types each with different tactics (and weaknesses)
– Epic boss battles
– A dynamically shifting environment offers unexpected obstacles, cover and danger
– Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
Josh Nizzi is working on the game’s art, and he has form with the subject matter, having worked as a concept artist on Transformers, as well as Iron Man and The Avengers.
“Josh has really created an amazing aesthetic that makes playing MechRunner a truly unique visual experience.” says Ben Lichius, VP and Art Director at Spark Plug. “I think we have some of the most detailed, amazing looking mechs to ever appear in a video game.”
MechRunner is apparently “feature complete”, but Spark Plug is launching a Kickstarter campaign to “make playing MechRunner even more memorable for gamers and mech fans alike,” according President John O’Neill. The campaign is looking to raise $25,000 by May 16.