Age of Wonders 3 has a new gameplay trailer which, like the Theocrat before it, contains 19 minutes of footage which introducing the Warlord leader class.
Warlord Class Units include Mounted Archers, Monster Hunters, Warbreeds and the rather awesome sounding Manticore Rider. I mean, who wouldn’t want to rid a manticore into battle?
- Killing Spree – Target friendly unit gains additional movement and action points upon killing an enemy unit in combat.
- Steadfast Ward – Steadfast prevents a unit’s health from dropping below 1 hitpoint for a limited amount of time.
- Conqueror’s Feast – The ‘Enemy in domain’ and ‘Enemy at the gates’ morale penalties are twice as effective against the caster’s enemies. In addition, the caster’s units require less upkeep cost outside of their Empire’s domain.
- Relentless Army – Bestows all friendly units with Tireless. Tireless units don’t spend action points for attacks of opportunity or retaliation.
- Global Assault – All your units gain Charge, First Strike, and are promoted to the gold medal rank. All units produced in your cities gain gold medals as well.
The Warlord Class can be mixed with any of the six races and can be further augmented using specializations with will provide the class with additional magical skills.
Age of Wonders 3 is now available for pre-order on Steam and GoG and will be released digitally worldwide on March 31 and through European retail on PC.