Battlefield 4 developer DICE is rolling out a new update for its social and stat-tracking service Battlelog. Not only does the patch prepare the service for today’s Naval Strike DLC launch, it comes with several other changes and tweaks too.
It follows confirmation that Battlefield 4: Naval Strike will be delayed on PC for an undisclosed length of time.
Now; DICE has published patch notes for its latest Battlelog update, which go as follows:
- Battlelog now supports the Naval Strike expansion pack for Battlefield 4. The content will be enabled as the release is rolled out on the various platforms.
- The video background has now been enabled by default; you can turn it off for specific computers by going to Settings
- Carrier Assault will not display scores in Live Scoreboard and BattleScreen; this will be fixed with the next Battlelog update in 2 weeks
Features & Improvements
- Added a new background and video background to celebrate the release of Naval Strike
- Added a refresh button to all the Multiplayer pages (except for Play Now), including Favorites and History
- 15 new ranks have been added to Platoons, so you can now reach rank 25 with your Platoon
- Console Rent-a-Server owners (once released for the respective platform) can now upload their server banner image on Battlelog
- The Battle Reports dropdown in the header now shows the platform that the round was played on.
- You can now see Gadgets on the Unlocks -> Weapons page
- You can now see if items are unlocked by Premium or Battlepacks on the Stats -> Weapons and Unlocks -> Weapons pages
- You will now see a confirmation prompt when trying to leave a Platoon; for the original founder, the button will now instead say “Disband” and will also see a confirmation prompt when trying to disband the Platoon.
- Various pixels pushed for better looks and alignment on the Server Info page
- Various minor improvements and tweaks
- No longer possible to equip AA mines alongside rocket launchers in Loadout
- Fixed an issue where code would be written to chats under some circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the new player experience flow would show on every login for some console players
- Fixed an issue with Platoon feed sticky posts that weren’t set correctly; the page will now also instantly update to reflect the change
- Fixed an issue with the details box on Unlocks -> Vehicles, where it would sometimes overlap the footer
- Fixed some emblem shapes default colors, that were shown as black instead of white
- Various fixes for the unlock requirements shown in Loadout, which wasn’t always correctly set
- Fixed an issue on launching, when using the Tablet Commander app with a non-ranked soldier
- Fixed an issue where some emblem shapes weren’t always named correctly when opening Battlepacks
- Various pixels pushed on the Missions page to better accomodate for long user names and scores in the nemesis sections
- Fixed an issue where the UCAV was listed twice in the list of vehicles for Soldier Equipment
- Fixed an issue with the expansion pack icon not showing correctly for items in Loadout, if they had the “cannot equip” style
- Various minor fixes
Battlefield 4: Naval Strike hits PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Premium today.