A day-one patch for inFamous: Second Son will add 19 new missions with five hours of additional gameplay, according to Sucker Punch.
According to a post on VideoGamer, content is part of the Paper Trail storyline, which is a side-story which includes both an online and in-game story arc where players will set out to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle. Web-based investigations will play a part in this.
Access to new content will be released each week for six weeks and will be accessed in-game. The content was developed by both Sucker Punch and ARG company 42 Entertainment.
The 300MB update also includes the Cole’s Legacy Content Pack available for free to those who pre-ordered the game. Additional tweaks and improvements made to difficulty, increased NPC density, and graphics will be applied as well.
Full content updates and patch notes
Cole’s Legacy Content Pack
- FREE with pre-order
- Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
- Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
- 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline
- FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
- Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
- Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle.
- 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
inFamous: Second Son releases on PlayStation 4 March 21 and review scores can be found through here.