Snowed In Studios has announced WindForge, its 2D shooting action game with RPG elements, has launched on Steam, Desura, GOG, the Humble Store, the studio’s website.
The January greenlighted title takes place in a world relying on whale oil for fuel. In the game, players build airships and look for an alternative fuel source as whales are becoming extinct.
To celebrate launch, the game is 10% off the $14.99 regular price on all release channels.
Here’s a list of features:
- Epic story line and quests that drive gameplay without constricting freedom
- The first game to include minable sky whales, and meat blocks
- Large completely destructible procedural world with multiple environments
- Contra-style action mixed with the creative fun of Terraria
- Build and fly fully-functional airships
- Over 1200 craftable items and counting
- Easy-to-control, skill-based combat with 360-degree aiming
In development since 2012, the project was self-funded by the studio, Kickstarter, and through financial support from the Ontario Media Development Corporation’s Digital Media Fund.