Battlefield 4 developer DICE has confirmed it will release a new PC patch later today, addressing stability and memory leak issues.
It follows a pair of DICE developers teasing future Battlefield 4 updates on Twitter. Hit the link to see what they teased.
A post on the Battlelog forum explains that he update will roll out later today. Here are the patch notes in full:
Jan 13 PC Game Update Notes
- -Various fixes for improving general stability
- -Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- -Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- -Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- -Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- -Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- -Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- -Normalized repair rates across all vehicles
- -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- -Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- -Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- -Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- -Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- -Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- -Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- -Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker