Xbox One’s new firmware update is designed to clear up niggling issues affecting a number of system features including inconsistent notifications, poor dashboard performance, and multiplayer reconnection troubles.
The new firmware is due to go live at 8:00PM ET. As it’s a mandatory update, you’ll need to let it do its thing before you can get back to using Xbox Live, so you may wish to set your console to Instant On mode and then go do something more interesting while it automatically detects and downloads the patch.
Here are the core features of the update, as per Microsoft’s Larry Hryb:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users