PlayStation App has been updated on Android and iOS with a stack of PS4-friendly content and features ahead of the console’s North American launch on Friday.
Although a PlayStation app has been available for a few years now, the new version has a couple of extra features and has a new visual style reminiscent of the PS4’s user interface.
The app’s feature list is as follows. It’s worth noting that the chat system is cross-platform with Vita and PS4.
- See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
- Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4 system.
- Browse PlayStation Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4 system so they are ready when you get home.
- Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
- Quickly access PlayStation system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
The PlayStation 4 arrives in North America on November 15 and comes to Europe and selected further territories on November 29.