An Orc and a Pandaren battle it out on a bridge while flinging heavy dialogue at each other in this trailer for the next World of Warcraft patch, which includes glimpses of a new raid.
According to the official description, as of patch 5.4 Garrosh Hellscream’s excavation of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has concluded. He’s dug up and stolen something related to the Old God Y’shaarj, and used it to infuse his followers – the “true Horde”. Both the Alliance and the greater Horde are now attempting to take Orgrimmar.
Update 5.4 is still in testing. It will rebalance classes, add the Timeless Isle location, and introduce a Connected Realms feature. You can check the current patch notes, but there are a few highlights Blizzard nominated in the trailer’s description:
- New Raid: The Siege of Orgrimmar – The Siege of Orgrimmar is a three-wing, 14-boss raid for max-level players, which will call you to take down Warchief Garrosh Hellscream at the head of a host of Azeroth’s finest.
- New Raid Mode: Flexible – Raid with a group of friends and guild mates regardless of server, and with any group size from 10 to 25, and the difficulty will automatically adjust to provide an appropriately challenging experience.
- New Feature: Proving Grounds – Undertake solo trials to practice or learn a new class role (Tank, Healer, or Damage). Each trial is available in multiple difficulties — Bronze through Gold and the challenging ‘Endless’ mode.
- New Zone: The Timeless Isle – Giant outdoor zone promoting open-world adventuring with tons of hidden treasures, giant creatures to defeat, five world bosses, a pet battle tournament, and much more!
- Legendary Quest: Judgment of the Black Prince – The epic conclusion to the Legendary quest line will see players rewarded with unique cloaks imbued with powerful new abilities.
- New Feature: Connected Realms – Lower population realms will be permanently and seamlessly “linked.” Players on the same Connected Realm will be able to trade, send and receive mail, join the same guilds, access a single Auction House, run the same Raids and Dungeons, and join other adventurers to complete quests.
- PvP: Redesigned Arena System – Arenas are no longer tied to specific Battlegroups, and players no longer need to create or join an Arena team to compete. Similar to the Rated Battleground system, players in a party of the appropriate size can queue.