Besthesda has announced the full schedule of panels and game presentations taking place during QuakeCon 2013.
Many presentations as well as John Carmack’s annual keynote will be streamed live as well ad the first live gameplay The Elder Scrolls Online.
An additional presentation will occur on that Saturday at 3:00pm, where Hugo Martin, art director at id Software, will give a presentation on the work he created as a concept artist for the Jaegers, the giant humanoid mechs featured in Pacific Rim.
Here’s the schedule. Note that all times listed are Central Time, because it takes place in Texas after all.
THURSDAY, August 1
- Welcome and Annual Keynote with John Carmack – 4:30pm – Streaming Live – John Carmack, Technical Director – id Software
FRIDAY, August 2
- The Evil Within Gameplay Presentation – 11:00am – QuakeCon Attendee Exclusive – Tango Gameworks – Demoed by Jason Bergman, Producer – Bethesda Softworks
- The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay Presentation – 12:30pm – Streaming Live – Paul Sage, Creative Director; Nick Konkle, Gameplay Lead; Rich Lambert, Lead Content Designer ; Eric Bakutis, Content Lead; Gina Bruno, Community Coordinator – ZeniMax Online Studios
- Wolfenstein: The New Order Gameplay Presentation – 2:00pm – QuakeCon Attendee Exclusive – Jens Matthies, Creative Director; Demoed by Andreas Öjerfors, Senior Gameplay Designer – MachineGames
- GameTrailers’ Bonus Round with Geoff Keighley – Creating and Expanding the Virtual World – 3:30pm – Streaming Live – Moderated by Geoff Keighley, GameTrailers TV
- Principles of Lighting & Rendering with John Carmack – 5:00pm – Streaming Live – Carmack will present a lecture-style presentation on the physics of light transport and rendering. He will discuss how light behaves in the real world, and the approximations and compromises that are involved in simulating the behavior with computers. Note: not for the technically faint at heart.
SATURDAY, August 3
- Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches Game Presentation – 11:00am – Streaming Live – Raphael Colantonio, Co-Creative Director; Ricardo Bare, Lead Designer; Seth Shain, Systems Designer/Associate Producer – Arkane Studios
- PC Perspective Hardware Workshop – 12:30pm – Streaming at http://pcper.com/workshop – From Sketchbook to the Big Screen – 3:00pm – Streaming Live – Hugo Martin | Art Director, Id Software: A concept artist for the Jaegers on Pacific Rim and now Art Director at id Software, Hugo will give a presentation of the work he created during the making of the film.
QuakeCon 2013 takes place August 1-4 at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas.