It looks as though Activision is to publish a title based on the Fast and Furious series, if a pre-order listing on EB Games Australia is any indication.
According to the listing, Fast & Furious: Showdown is slated for PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360, although we have yet to receive a formal announcement from Activision on the title.
The listing talks up “Team Action Racing” in which every mission is “played cooperatively, either with a friend or A.I.”
The storyline is full of “heists, hijacks and shootouts” which ties in with events from the 2011 film Fast 5 and earlier movies as well as the upcoming Fast 6 movie – which hits theaters on May 24.
But wait, there’s more: “Play through the story taking on various roles, and switch it up as you please; take on skill-based high scoring challenges on your own or cooperatively with a buddy, and compare your results against your friends list; complete 31 missions through eight chapters in eight locations around the world.”
Missions are comprised of one or more objectives. Objectives include:
- Get to Location – get to a target location as quickly as possible
- Transport – transport a person, vehicle or item to a target location
- Win Race – win a street race by finishing in 1st place
- Catch Vehicle – catch up with an escaping vehicle
- Survive Pursuit – survive a police or gang pursuit
- Protect Vehicle – protect a target vehicle from being destroyed
- Enter Vehicle – get your character inside the back of a moving vehicle
- Wreck Objectives/vehicles – wreck target objects or vehicles
- Avoid Detection – travel past security cameras at high speed
- Rescue Teammate – rescue a teammate in distress
- Hijack Vehicle – hijack a target car
- Steal Cargo – steal cargo from a moving vehicle
We’ll send a mail. You can also look over the Australian Classification listing here.
Thanks, GoNintendo (via tip from AusGamer)