Gamers across Australia, Europe and New Zealand are invited to submit films, photographs or artwork illustrating PlayStation’s Way of Play mantras in order to score some swet prizes.
The competition offers ten grand prizes of €1,000, which will be converted into local currency for those outside the Euro zone. The lucky winners’ works will be broadcast across PlayStation media and social networking so Sony is arguably crowdsourcing cheap marketing – but it will look great on your CV. Ten further runner ups will receive a Vita and PlayStation Plus subscription.
The competition requires users to submit a short movie, photograph or artwork related to one of a number of gaming “mantras”:
- Today’s newbie is tomorrow’s hero
- If at first you don’t succeed, use a bigger gun
- Two’s company, 90 million’s much more fun
- Couples who slay together, stay together
- Many handguns make light work
- Another day, another apocalypse
- A grenade in time saves nine
- Actions speak louder than smack-talk
- Keep your friends close, and your enemies cupcaked
- There’s no I in gooooooooooooal!
- Take your silliness seriously
- All’s fair in alien zombie megadeath and war
- A little less trash talk, a little more action
- If you can’t beat ‘em, disembowel them
The competition is open to residents of the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Nordics, Benelux, Austria, Portugal, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Poland and Russia. Entries close on April 7. For more informaiton and to get on board, visit Talenthouse.
Way of Play is Sony’s latest marketing campaign; he’s a couple of recent efforts: