Robot Entertainment has released new screenshots and details for Heroes Academy, detailing the “unique abilities” of the upcoming Steam-exclusive Team Fortress 2 heroic team.
As with all previous teams, the release of the new Team Fortress 2 team will be accompanied by TF2 avatar packs for your Hero Academy profile and a new playing field inspired by the TF2 capture-the-flag map, Well.
In addition, each of the previously released heroic expansion teams that players purchase in the Steam version of the game will unlock a unique cosmetic item in Team Fortress 2 inspired by a member of that team.
Team Fortress 2 Heroic Team Details
From a distant land and time beyond the Clouds of Vapor, the Team Fortress heroes have taken the Hero Academy field by storm. With a wide variety of heroes and flexible advanced weaponry, they have an answer for any situation and an aggressive playstyle.
Team Bonus: Relentless Action – Stomping enemies grants an action point.
- Spy – A cloaked unit who cannot be targeted at range. The Spy deals massive damage when attacking an enemy from behind.
- Scout – A fast-moving recon hero; Players gain an AP when deploying the Scout. The Scout automatically hops backwards when hit by an opponent.
- Sniper – The Sniper can target enemies anywhere in his row. At the end of your turn, the Sniper crouches. If he remains unscathed until your next turn, the Sniper gains increased power on his next shot.
- Medic – The Medic heals and revives allies; He can link to a full-health ally to increase their power.
- Engineer – A defensive hero with a basic ranged attack. The Engineer can upgrade allies’ weapons.
- Heavy – The Heavy does AOE attack at range. Every successive attack deals more damage as his minigun spins up.
- Pyro – He does full damage to two enemies in a row; The Pyro’s attack can hit cloaked Spies.
- Demoman – The Demoman lobs grenades that do AOE damage. He does bonus damage when attacking crystals.
- Soldier – The Soldier is a ranged hero. He uses powerful rockets to knock enemy units back.
Hero Academy will be available on Steam on August 8, and is currently available on the iOS App Store.