Sony will be expanding its “Game Archives” download service to include PS2 games for PS3 on July 25 in Japan, as reported by Andriasang.
The first five PS2 titles available for download will be:
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Capcom): ¥1,200
- Kessen (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Shin Contra (aka “Contra: Shattered Soldier,” Konami): ¥1,200
- Dragon Force (Sega): ¥800
- Siren (Sony): ¥1,200
New games will be added every month. Key titles include:
- Dead or Alive 2 Hard Core (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Castlevania (Konami): ¥1,200
- Dynamite Dekka (aka Die-Hard Arcade, Sega): ¥800
- Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (Sega): ¥800
- Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200
These will be playable exclusively on PS3. Sony also said today that Vita will be getting PlayStation Classics in Japan this summer.