Some indie developers have banded together to introduce a new discount campaign called Because We May which lowers the price of quite a lot of high-profile indie titles.
According to the official statement on the matter, the developers started the initiative as a way to celebrate the ability to control the prices of games released.
Titles included in the campaign available on Steam are:
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaa AAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
- Anomaly Warzone Earth
- Avadon: The Black Fortress
- BIT.TRIP BEAT
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER
- CAVE STORY
- Costume Quest
- DeathSpank: The Baconing
- Double Fine Bundle
- Frozen Synapse
- Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition
- Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
- Jamestown Deluxe Pack
- Lugaru HD
- Metal Drift
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack (Episode One & Two)
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode One
- Penny Arcade: Precipice of Darkness Episode Two
- Snuggle Truck
- Super Meat Boy
- Swords & Soldiers
- The Binding of Isaac
- The Dejobaan Complete Pack
- The Wonderful End of the World
- Toki Tori
- Zen Bound 2
iOS App Store, Mac App Store, Google Play, Direct from Developer and Other stores are also included with the initiative.
“We believe that developers should have the freedom to price their games how they like, without interference from the online stores that sell the games,” reads the official statement. “Why? Because it allows us to promote our games more freely, as we are doing here! We rely on the ability to promote our games for our livelihood and control over pricing is an important tool for this purpose.”
Because We May campaign runs from May 24 to June 1.