The lastest Minecraft update adds the promised jungle biome, complete with tameable ocelots and cats, as well as a new mob and much more.
Minecraft 1.2 was very quickly followed by 1.2.2 when pine and birch trees went missing. Whoops.
The update can be accessed as usual directly from the Minecraft launcher. Check out a trailer and the full patch notes below.
- New jungle biome
- Added ocelots
- Added cats
- Added iron golems
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
- New items and blocks
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
- Added rare drops for mobs
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes