The organizers of gamescom have announced a presale for the 2012 show with advanced booking for Saturday, August 18.
Those to plan to attend will need to register on the gamescom website by March 17 and an email to all who registered will be sent out in April containing a code which will allow them to purchase tickets early.
This will grant the purchaser a Saturday ticket.
“The exclusive advance sales option will assist in better predicting visitor numbers and with other measures will help us optimise the admission situation especially on Saturday”, said Tim Endres, gamescom project manager.
Here’s some more, pertinent information culled from the press release:
“The changes affect tickets for the Saturday in particular, since most people prefer to visit on this day for travel reasons. Many visitors come long distances to Cologne just to attend on this day. To ensure that this visitor group in particular can plan ahead with certainty, Saturday tickets will now only be available for advance purchase and cannot be bought at the door.
“As part of an exclusive presale option, would-be visitors now have the option of reserving their ticket even before the start of official advance sales. This offer requires registration by 17 March 2012.
Right at the start of preparations for gamescom 2012, Koelnmesse has already extended the available exhibition space to 140,000 square metres.”
Again, here’s how the pre-sale will work:
- In April all registered gamescom newsletter subscribers will receive a personal presale invitation.
- The presale invitation includes a personal exclusive code.
- The personalised exclusive code provides one-off access to the gamescom ticket shop.
- Recipients can then buy exclusive Saturday tickets and tickets for the other public days ahead of everyone else.
- The deadline for registering is 17 March 2012.
Official advance ticket sales will begin in May 2012.
gamesom takes place August 15-19. Prices are through the link.