Paradox Interactive announced Napoleon’s Campaigns II during its two day convention in Stockolm last week.
The second in the historical strategy series continues the whole of the Napoleonic Wars which took place from 1805 to 1815 from Egypt to Waterloo, and players can take on the role of the soldier-turned-emperor, or one of 600 other historical leaders.
Here’s more information:
- With Napoleon’s Campaigns II you will play an epic grand historical scenario covering the whole of the Napoleonic Wars, ten years of conflict in Europe and the rest of the world between 1805 and 1815
- The game will feature production of units, diplomacy with other nations (minor and major), army and fleet management, and the quest for becoming the dominant power of Europe, the ultimate goal of every major nation involved.
- In addition, the French will have to satisfy the ‘Napoleonic Glory’ goal, a concept rendering the dynastic appetite of the Emperor.
- All the hundreds of various units, with their beautiful uniforms, and over 600 historical leaders with unique abilities and portraits are here, as well as the events of the age.
- Organize divisions, armies and corps, manage supply and morale, and choose your leaders in command.
- The largest Napoleonic Europe map ever, with unequalled look and detail, also including famous overseas theaters (e.g. North America, the Caribbean or India)
- Multiplayer for up to 8 players.
Napoleon’s Campaigns II is slated for release during Q3 this year as a PC-exclusive. Required PC specs are listed below.
- Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/ Windows 7 (Does not support 98 or 2000)
- Processor: Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
- Memory: 1024 Mo RAM
- Hard disk space: 2Gb free on hard disk
- Video: 128 Mo DirectX 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or more
- Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
- Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection for multiplayer
- Multiplayer restriction: Play-by-Email only