The weekend is finally here, and just think: you won’t have to put up with me nor my weird sense of humor for two whole days!
Seriously, I wish people “got” my sense of humor more. Granted, it’s a bit hard to feel context on the internet because you are reading a comment and not able to hear the tone in the person’s voice, or see what expressions their eyes and face are projecting.
But, that’s the way things go, and trust me when I say you will never be able to see my entire face when I am cracking a joke unless you personally, meet up with me.
I am not one who likes to be in front of a camera, nor do I like to see myself in video so I won’t allow it. There may be a few out there where you can just see the top of my head, or my feet, but that’s really where I draw the line. Wait. That did NOT sound right.
Better that I just move on with my shift wrap up than try to explain myself.
The Weekly Wrap
Dead Island’s disastrous launch, US sales fall
Convention season has taken its toll. With TGS looming, we’ve lost Pat. He is, as you all know, dead. Or without Internet. We, however, must soldier on. Here’s the week’s biggest stories and what they all mean.
- Diablo III artifacts allow for useful destruction of items
- The Sims Social bests FarmVille in daily active users
- Quick Shots: Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD screens released onto Facebook
- Former Ubisoft and Eidos employees form Tribute Games
- Smuggler progression video released for SWTOR
- Judgement: EA within First Amendment rights to use ex-Rutgers QB image in NCAA Football
- Frictional dissects Dark Descent figures, announces console future
- Report – Online retailer in Norway breaks Gears of War 3 street date
- iOS updates and source code for Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum and DOOM Classic released
- CD Projekt: Witcher 2 “the beginning of much larger events,” third-installment possible
- Ubisoft: Downloadable Child of Eden not “in the plan at the moment”
- Marvelous more concerned with fun than making an HD Harvest Moon
- Saturday Shorts: Borderlands, Xperia, MineCon, EQ, Mega Man, sales
- Howard confirms that players can become vampires in Skyrim
- House of the Dead: Overkill- Extended Cut trailer has more gore, shooting, strippers
- Quick Quotes: THQ CFO on recent studio closures
- Quick Shots: Talon, Nunu and Vayne in League of Legends
- LOTRO Gap of Rohan dev diary released
Crafting and getting rid of trash loot.
It sounds as though Facebook gamers are going nuts over this.
Some nice action screenshots in there.
Best of luck to them.
Han, you had me at “you could use a good kiss”.
Good news for EA, not so much for Hart.
This news makes me very happy.
Epic was unaware that it even happened, but told me it was pleased MS was on top of the matter.
Good for the developer crowd.
Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?
Hopefully, the game will indeed catch on now that it is being bundled with Kinect. It is a lovely title.
Fun is really more important to be fair.
Shorts! Lots, and lots of shorts!
Hell yes! I loved getting turned into a vampire in previous Elder Scrolls games.
Because you can never, ever, have enough strippers.
THQ on studio closures.
Here’s some skins for you.
Seriously, the video does not do the game justice.