Work was bit light for me today, compared to normal, so it won’t take too long to get you caught up on the US shift.
While I may not have posted much news, as it was honestly a bit slow this afternoon, I did lay some ground work for a feature coming next week. What on earth could it be? You will have to stay tuned on that one.
With that out of the way, here is your wrap up.
- League of Legends Dominion release isn’t too far off
- Metallic Rose Nintendo DSi XL hitting US on September 18
- Multiplayer maps in MW3 discourage camping, have more verticality
- Report – Wada and Kimura exit Grasshopper Manufacture
- PSA: Open beta for XBL Dashboard update next month, previews go live
- Origin has 4 million client installs, third-party offerings coming “very soon”
- Warhammer 40K: Space Marine absent from Steam in UK
- Linger in Shadows developer working on new Move project
- Quick Quotes: 42% of US XBL Gold members watch one hour of video a day on average
- Friday Shorts: Weezer, Conan, Steam sale, GT5, Dead Space 2, Katy Perry
Riot Games has said League of Legends Dominion will be launching very soon, and the developer has posted some information pertaining to the new mode.
NOA has announced the US is getting another color in the form of Metallic Rose, for DSi XL come September 18.
When it came time start developing the multiplayer maps in Modern Warfare 3, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer looked at maps contained in previous Call of Duty offerings in order to determine not only what made them fun, but how to implement more verticality and flow.
Yasuhiro Wada and Yoshiro Kimura have left Grasshopper Manufacture, according to a report over in Siliconera.
Previews for the Xbox Live Dashboard update have started going live, and according to Microsoft’s director of platform marketing, Albert Penello, the new update will “lay the groundwork for our entertainment future.”
EA has reiterated its plans to allow other publishers to distribute games on its new digital service, Origin.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, released this week, is apparently not available on Steam despite using Steamworks, nor is its demo available either.
An anonymous tipster has sent iWaggle a video showing what appears to be a Move title in the works dubbed Odd Forest, and told the site that information on it will be revealed soon.
“42 percent of Xbox Live Gold members in the US are watching an average of an hour of television and movies on their Xbox, every single day.”
Plenty of small stuff in there for ya.
See you tomorrow.