It’s Deus Ex day tomorrow. Who’s pumped? I am. Surely you are too? Of course you are.
Tomorrow, you’re going to start seeing post-gamescom stuff coming from me and Pat, as well as Alex’s heroic continued efforts too. What is it that’s going live tomorrow? Well, let’s just say it’s a kick-ass RPG shooter that’s coming next year. Surely you know what this is by now? But I was still dishing out news like there was no tomorrow. So lets get you caught up, shall we?
- Featured Content 1: Crash, Bang, Wallop: Hands-On with Burnout Crash
Mr. Donaldson takes a look at Criterion’s unexpected first foray into Burnout since 2008.
- Featured Content 2: With or without Jobs, Apple is the next major games firm
Pat takes a look at how Steve Jobs’ resignation from Apple last night will affect the company’s roadpath in becoming a major gaming firm. Spoilers: not too much.
- Capcom unleashes half-hour Dragon’s Dogma video from gamescom
This isn’t looking too shabby. Keep an eye on it.
- Warner to give away custom Arkham City 360 at PAX this weekend
That is a proper kickass 360. I want it.
- PixelJunk Sidescroller gets new trailer
I have a small soft spot in me for anything PixelJunk. This isn’t any different.
- Porsche blocked from Forza Motorsport 4 by EA deal
I have no opinion to give on this other than peace and love, man.
- Valve: MS needs to be “comfortable” in opening up Xbox Live
Hoping that this happens sooner than later: Steamworks worked to near perfection with Portal 2 on PS3 (I say near because Portal 2 released when PSNGate started happening, so that damps it a bit)
- Battlefield 3 playable at Insomnia43 this weekend
We’re off to Sweden on Monday to see the game at DICE! And by we, I mean Pat and two readers, but not me. Sad =( Look out for coverage on that.
- Weak PS3 UK performance “something we want to address,” says new SCEE boss
Andy House’s successor is looking to fix wrongs into rights right from the bat.
- Konami bringing four Vita titles to TGS, details line-up
But there’s no mention of Metal Gear Solid: Rising on that list. Then again, Kojima did say he wanted to unveil his newest game at the show this year. Maybe it’ll happen?
- New Atlus teaser site hints at something Persona related
Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let this be Persona 4 for PSP. Or even Vita? Perhaps 3DS? Don’t care where, frankly, just give me P4P!
- Neverdead gets TGS trailer, new screens
Rebellion’s third-person actioner gets a runout ahead of TGS.
- Euro Trine 2 PC set to launch in Q4
Still no word of the console versions, though.
- Bethesda confirms same-sex marriages for Skyrim
Skyrim is sounding like a better place to live than the real world. Pat, I’m taking November 11 off.
- Job listing for next Treyarch game calls for “an expert understanding of the Call of Duty universe”
Big shock. Big, big shock.
- Sonic CD announced for winter release on consoles, PC, iOS and Android
Considering this is a prequel to Sonic 4, Ep I, this could be the perfect time to release this before Episode II.
- Rumour: 360 4Gb dropping to $249 from next week
This probably isn’t a coincidence with Sony’s price-cut taking effect as of last week.
And that’s it. One more sleep to go before Deus. I’m pumped. Are you? See you tomorrow.