It’s been an interesting day around VG247 headquarters. At least during my shift.
It was also interesting around the house as well. The yard was given a good mowing, and it scared the baby rabbits to death and they were running all over the place. Luckily, none were harmed in the trimming of my yard, so, no trips to the nice, lady who rehabilitates wildlife for them. They also weren’t a feast for the cats either, so another plus.
I really should start a personal blog about my adventures living on the farm, and my crazy-ass family. Who knows, I may even get a Lifetime mini-series devoted to it someday, with Tawny Kitaen – or someone as equally mental – playing my role. One can dream.
Enough of me, let’s get you caught up.
- From Pat: The Space Marine demo on PS3 – HD video and narration
- Euro PS Store update, August 24 – SFIII: Third Strike, Space Marine, PES 2012, special offers
- PES 2012 demo hits PC, Xbox 360 version sees a delay
- Origin end-user agreement doesn’t allow you to opt out of data collection
- Steam officially offering refunds for From Dust over DRM troubles
- Kinect Star Wars and R2D2 Xbox 360 bundle delayed
- DICE: No home servers for Battlefield 3 on PC
- Telltale expands into PS3 and Wii publishing
- Skyrim face creator hitting PAX, game contains the possibility of avengement
- August UDK beta released, kit has been installed 900,000 times
- GameStop removing OnLive code coupon from Deus Ex PC
- Microsoft’s “not keen,” on formerly exclusive-PSN titles hitting XBL
- Filia and Cerebella showcased in latest Skullgirls videos
- Bioware discusses temptation, and art direction in SWTOR
- Frostbite gives Need for Speed: The Run a more detailed, cinematic environment
- New Diablo III community site launched
- Wednesday Shorts II: Mtn. Dew, Barcraft, games as literature, Deus Ex patch, Home
Pat played the PSN demo for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. Watch it and see how well he did.
Speaking of Space Marine, it landed on PSN in the UK today, along with other goodies.
A PES 2012 demo was one of these PSN goodies, and it also landed on PC. Too bad it has been delayed on Xbox 360.
End User Licence Agreements. Ain’t they a bitch?
Get it while you still can. Or wait for the patch. Your choice.
I can’t figure out if I am upset over this or not. On the one hand, I will be able to afford it after the first of the year, probably. But on the other, I wanted it sitting under my pagan holiday tree as well.
No home servers for Battlefield 3 on PC. This either doesn’t matter to you, or it upsets you.
Good for Telltale!
No matter what the options are, I will always choose the dark elf. I am secretly a Drow in real life anyway, so why not play the Elder Scrolls equivalent when gaming?
If I had any sort of programming or game design knowledge, I would try this thing out.
Sounds like someone is going to be reported to the BBB over this at some point.
Not in the slightest are they keen on this.
Kick ass ladies kicking ass. That is all.
More on the art direction for those wondering why it “looks like” Warcraft. Also, how you can be evil and still be in the Republic. Still not as cool as a Sith, mind you.
I rode down Independence Pass once. It was rather slow going, but at least I can say I have seen the real deal.
All things Dibalo III, all the time!
Mountain Dew and Modern Warfare 3, Modern Warfare 3 and Jeeep, Deus Ex and Steam, alcohol and StarCraft II. My most interesting shorts post ever!
Goodnight, and I will see you tomorrow.