You need your European-timed news. I need to give you European-timed news. We both need each other. Hence, if you haven’t been reading all day, I’ll forgive you for not doing so, but only if you catch up right here, right now.
Today’s been a continued effort of news from Team Europe. And by Team Europe, I mean me. So go Team JC. Here is said news:
- Capcom bringing Street Fighter x Tekken, Dragon’s Dogma, Asura, more to PAX
Nathan’s going to Seattle for us, so keep an eye on the site this weekend.
- Full 12 minute Metro: Last Light gameplay video does the rounds
I saw the full demo at gamescom last weekend. It really does look sensational, definitely in my top ten games seen at the show, maybe even top five.
- PlayStation Home to reboot as social games platform
This is the biggest reinvention the service has seen in its two-and-a-half year history.
- Report: Sonic CD XBLA port to be announced at PAX
Sonic’s going big this weekend, apparently.
- LucasArts hiring for development on “open-world RPG”
Is this Far Cry 2 chief Clint Hocking’s first game at Lucas? Maybe.
- Nintendo pre-TGS event whispers sees stock rise
So could this be to do with the rumoured revision from this morning.
- Sword of the Stars II gets opening cinematic
One for the Paradox lot.
- Grasshopper releases screens, video for Black Knight Sword
And one for the Grasshopper massive.
- Xbox Live Indie Games Summer Uprising begins
And another for the indie hipster crowd.
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown hitting XBL, PSN next summer
See final story below.
- “Rock Band’s not dead,” says Harmonix’s Drake
I approve of this. Rock Band 3, despite the sales lacking, was one of my favorite games of last year. I initially wrote it off because of the tracklist, but it was because of the tracklist that made me love it. Who doesn’t love doing The Cure’s Just Like Heaven or Tegan and Sara’s The Con on guitar? I do.
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine demo goes up on XBL
One to chomp at before the game’s release next month.
- Black Ops: Rezurrection pack now available from Live
For those who haven’t bought the two limited SKUs of Black Ops last year. If you have, redownload it again and you’ll get the new map Moon free.
- Sega to “continue reinvention of classic IP” over next 3 to 5 years
Seemed kinda apt to get this up following today’s Virtua Fighter news. Hayes is definitely leading Sega’s western arm in the right direction anyways.
And that’s your lot. Come back for more post-gamescom goodness tomorrow.