And on the third say He said unto thee “Let there be assets”, and there was.
Gamescom day three. No word on how Pat, Johnny and Alex are faring with traversing the busy gamescom show floor now that it’s rammed with a gazillion members of the public, but I like to think of them whipping around to their appointments on a Segway – or other motorised scooter device. That’s probably not really happening, though.
Today was very much asset day with Brenna, particularly, seeing more than her fair share of screens. If you get the chance, ask her how many screens are required to illustrate customisable helicopter colours – she won’t mind, honest.
I’m about to scoot off and leave you in Steph’s safe hands, but before I do here’s a news-wrap-round-up-stat-attack of the day’s events.
- 47 is Back: IO’s Blystad on bringing back Hitman with Absolution
Bald is beautiful
- Turning 10: Chris Lewis on Xbox’s past, present, future
Pat knocks another one out the park. And I’m not just saying that because he’s the boss
- Fan service: Gearbox’s Martel on Aliens: Colonial Marines
It’s been a long time coming, this one. Let’s hope that time has helped, rather than hindered development, heh?
- CryEngine 3 SDK: download now for free
In my head, I see me using this to create a quirky, original game which defies the odds and appeals to the masses. In reality, my inadequacy would likely lead to despondent tinkering. *Sob*
- New Windows Phone 7 OS to add more Xbox Live features
And so it should, it’d be silly if it took some away
- New F2P company founded by former Frogstar CEO
OMG, F2P FTW?
- US PS Plus updates bring Resistance 3 and AC: Revelations multiplayer betas
Premium service tempters
- Sun setting on 360′s retail presence in Japan
I think the biggest concern for MS will be keeping brand awareness ahead of the launch of its next console, whenever that might be
- GDC Europe 2011 attracted 2,100 attendees, returns next year
Almost more numbers than words in this one
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC region-locked, disc size to blame
I’m not sure this reasoning makes sense, actually. [Update] It’s no longer the case, didn’t think it made sense
- Bodycount dev on shredding cover, lack of in-game females
Er, same as above
- Rage HD iOS free for one week
Mmmm, free stuff
- 40% off The Witcher 2 during gamescom
No excuse not to get it now. None
- Blizzard DOTA finally dropping “near the launch” of Heart of the Swarm
Well, about time too. I guess
- X-Men: Destiny “Powers” trailer introduces new characters, explosions
You know what’s better than a radioactive rainbow? A radioactive double rainbow. Oh yes, that’s beautiful, man
- Saints Row: The Third trailer introduces “The Walking Apocalypse”
So much more scary than “The Bed-bound Apocalypse”
- Darksiders 2 announcement trailer and screens
Reap what you sow
- Quick Shots – Prototype 2 screens are action-packed
Cruisin’ for a bruisin’
- Quick shots – Soul Calibur V shines in gamescom screens
No, there are none of Ivy. Behave
- Quick shots – Inversion art goes upside down
Does the rain fall upwards in Inversion land?
- Gamescom trailers show Armored Core V in action
Trailer spark smash
- Quick shots – Ridge Racer Unbounded screens race in
Insert fast car noises here
- Quick shots – Ace Combat: Assault Horizon sports pink choppers
Pink heli-chopter is pink
- Quick Shots – The Secret World, Burton-esque fantasy with guns
Curiouser and curiouser
- Quick Shots – Metro Last Light screens are gorgeously bleak
Party like it’s 2034
The day’s news
Contributions from Nathan and Deb
Assets from the Euro day shift, mostly thanks to Brenna’s tenacity. And bandwith
Steph will have her news wrap later, which will likely include yet more assets. Tis the season.
See you tomorrow.