Between developers and publishers gearing up for gamescom, and QuakeCon 2011 going on, it was still a bit slow today. That’s okay though, because the dam will break in a couple of weeks. No need to fret one bit.
Here’s what happened during my shift:
- Kaka answers fan submitted questions in FIFA 12 video
- Quick Quotes: Ono on why there won’t be a Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat
- PopCap co-founder John Vechey to deliver GDC Online keynote
- Blizzard “surprised” at reaction to online requirements for Diablo 3
- Square Q1 – Profit decrease of 62% due to lack of major releases
- Quick Quotes: Torchlight MMO “still in the plan”
- Four DLC packs for Worms 2: Armageddon hitting PSN in August
- Twisted Metal delayed into early 2012
- Rumor – Walmart dropping price of 3DS early
- Notch receives letter from Bethesda’s legal department over Scrolls trademark
- Sony officially announces PSN Play program
- Rumor – Team Bondi “bankrupt”, staff being scooped up by KMM
- Quick Shots: Sonic Generations screens show City Escape
- Bioware discusses Dragon Age 2 reception, Legacy, and community on forums
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition announced
- EA2D renamed Bioware San Francisco
- Quick Shots: Dishonored and Prey 2 screens get out of QuakeCon
- Quick Shots: Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath HD PS3 shots
- NBA 2K12 video shows off the game’s Greatest Mode
- SWTOR video and screens tells us more about the Jedi Consular and Mirialan
- Friday Shorts II: Humble Bundle, RE6, Tropico 4, King Arthur, Def Leppard
Kaka is talking in a video for FIFA 12. Pity he only mentioned the game once.
Personally we think it would be be cool. Just think of the death moves Chun-Li could perform with those thighs. She would put Xenia Onatopp to shame.
The title pretty much says it all.
Reactions to this post seem to suggest folks are surprised Blizzard is surprised, Surprised people all around.
No major releases, no profit. However, the rest of the year should make up for it.
It’s still coming, just probably not as soon as you would hope.
More Worms is always a good thing.
Eat, Sleep, Play just needs more time to make Sweet Tooth even creepier than he already is. *Shiver*
Walmart is rumored to be dropping the price of 3DS early, which could allow folks to unintentionally receive the Ambassador’s Program content meant for those who paid full price.
Notch explains the situation rather well, so don’t go hating on Bethesda for it.
It’s sort of like the Summer of Arcade on XBL. Sort of. Good deal though.
More Team Bondi rumors have the firm going bankrupt.
Sonic Generations shots to make you happy.
Bioware has once again said it has heard the complaints on Dragon Age II, and is working on a compromise.
It’s expensive as hell, but that dragon statue is pretty effing cool.
EA2D is now Bioware San Francisco. Yeah, um, the title gave that away,didn’t it?
A few shots of Prey 2 and two more from Dishonored were released out of QuakeCon. We totally almost typed ComicCon, there. So many game conventions!
JAW sent over three lovely shots of Stranger’s Wrath.
A trailer for the Greatest Mode from NBA 2K12.
Bioware has released shots of Jedi and a video for the Jedi Consular.
Your usual batch of shorts. Get ’em while you’re still sober. Or, at least while I still am.
That’s it for me. See you in the morning.