Apologies for the late update, but the Activision Blizzard call to investors was this evening, and you know how excited I get when I hear Bobby Kotick talk record performances, and Thomas Tippl reveal GAPP and Non-GAAP figures. I should probably seek professional help for my problem, but I love to indulge the nonsensical madness churning like a boiling sea in my cider-soaked brain.
For those of you who do not get titillated by delirious thoughts of a Kotick and Tippl financial sandwich, other portions of substantial gaming oddities and revelations occurred during my shift. These condensed summarizations are below along with other double synonyms.
- Euro PS Store update: Red Faction, Tomb Raider classics, LBP2, Brink
- Valve engineer explains why Steam keeps installing D3DX files with each game download
- First video for Grasshopper and Digital Reality’s Sine Mora released
- Crystal Dynamics looking “at the bigger picture” of where Tomb Raider “needs to go”
- Dragon Age: Redemption shots show Day and Rayner crossing swords
- Warner Q2 financials – Games revenue up thanks to Mortal Komabt, LEGO Pirates
- Quick Shots: Mario Kart 7 character renders, screens
- En Masse moves TERA launch into spring 2012
- Ubisoft confirms gamecom line-up
- Microsoft files trademark with USPTO for Iron Brigade
- Minecon taking place in Vegas November 18 and 19
- WoW’s Cenarion Hatchling raises over $1.9 million for Japan earthquake relief
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution video outs classified information
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine multiplayer trailer shows customization
- Quick Quotes: SWTOR game director on lack of a firm release date
- Warner: HBO Go a success, planning a launch on consoles
- Iwata: Nintendo has always been “social”
- EA could potentially lose $1 billion to NCAA athletes if lawsuit is successful
- Call of Duty XP events announced, free MW3 Hardened Edition for all
- Iwata concerned early 3DS price cut will cause Wii U buyers to tarry
- RIFT update 1.4 is live, watch the video
- Wednesday Shorts: PS Home, Bomberman, Hilleman, post-it wars
- Activision Q2 – Better than expected growth, more Black Ops DLC
The European PS Store was updated as usual this week. It has some goodies. Go have a look.
Valve says it is Microsoft’s fault for all those silly D3DX files which keep getting downloaded with a game on Steam.
Suda’s latest has its first trailer. It looks like it’s going to be a rather interesting digital console title.
Crystal Dynamics’ Karl Stewart chats about why Tomb Raider needed a reboot and someone to watch over the brand.
Felicia Day running around in rubber elf ears never looked so adorable.
Warner Bros. had a great second quarter thanks to Mortal Kombat and LEGO Pirates.
Nintendo has released a batch of Mario Kart 7 screens and fun character renders which should give us plenty of cute post headers for a while.
It’s okay. You will thank them for it in the end.
Ubisoft is bringing all the guns from its cabinet to Germany later in the month. Better grab your bullet proof jacket.
This could have something to do with the Civil War. Or not.
The first Minecraft convention is being held in Sin City this fall, and the hosting hotel and casino has a lovely website.
Blizzard as announced that its Japanese relief fund pet will put $1.9 million to good use.
A new Deus Ex: Human Revolution video was released. Watch it.
Relic briefly highlights customization options for Space Marine’s multiplayer in this video.
Once again, we are given a reason why SWTOR does not have a set release date.
HBO Go was so well-received, Warner Bros. plans on releasing it on consoles. A Game of Thrones on 360 and PS3 for the win!
Iwata says Nintendo ain’t afraid of no social because it has always been social.
If EA loses the suit filed against it by former-NCAA players, it could end up costing the firm over $1 billion.
Activision has announced tons of fun things planned for its Call of Duty XP event in L.A. next month. Also, attendees will get a code for a free Hardened Edition for Modern Warfare 3. Lucky gits.
Iwata said Nintendo is a bit concerned those planning on purchasing Wii U may hold out on a price drop, since one was announced so soon after the launch of 3DS.
Trion has released RIFT update 1.4, Legacy of the Fallen along with a trailer for it.
Not too many shorts today, compared to usual. But, there is still a header image which relates to the opening lines of the post in some way shape or form as is the norm. If you can figure it out, I’ll give you a batch of my famous oatmeal cookies. Maybe.
Activision Blizzard announced its Q2 results; revealed Black Ops figures; talked MW3 pre-orders and a Wii SKU; said it won’t commit to a Diablo 3 release date; and announced the release of Black Ops DLC that came bundled in code form with the Hardened and Prestige editions of the game.
See you tomorrow. I leave you in the care of Brenna’s gentle, yet firm hands.