The 3DS price-cut bombshell from earlier this morning pretty much made the rest of today’s news look like nothing more than a King of the Sheep competition – unless of course some sheep-eating beast was running rampant across the countryside causing contestants to no longer look like themselves – then that would have topped the price cut, assuredly.
Still, news is news, and it happened. Get caught up on my shift below. Stace’s round up is here.
- Last 12 months have seen record growth for XBL, says Burrowes
- PES 12 dated for October 14, new video released
- Second part of Metro: Last Light E3 demo released
- Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One weaponry video is the first in a series
- Quick Shots: New Kinect Star Wars screens released
- Supremacy MMA to eventually release on Vita
- PSA: Black Ops Annihilation pack now available for PC and PS3
- Early access to Resistance 3 public beta starts in August
- Japanese charts – 3DS and Everyone’s Rhythm Heaven tops
- Wilshere and Rooney to grace FIFA 12 cover
- Rising Star Games lists releases for Q4: Harvest Moon, KoFXIII, DonDonPachi
- DICE and Infinity Ward discuss MW3 and BF3 rivalry, separately
- Loads of Final Fantasy Type-0 screens land, are lovely
- Ubisoft says its DRM “is a success” due to reduction in piracy
- Driver: San Francisco videos explain shift mode
- Analysts: Nintendo “really feel the heat” from Vita
- WWE 12: Soon you will smell what The Rock is cooking
- Thursday Shorts II: ESPN, Mobage, League of Legends, EVE, Idea Factory
Xbox Live is doing well, and Kinect has added more members to the service over the last year.
Title pretty much says it all.
The second part of the E3 demo for the game has been released as previously promised.
Weapons are good. Weapons are even better when they are zany.
The screens show lightsabers. It’s Star Wars. What else do you need to know?
The MMA title will be the first release of its kind on Vita.
The title says it all, really. Finally, though, right?
We predict loads of people will play this beta once the early access period ends.
A Wii game has topped the Japanese charts, and 3Ds seems to be doing much better in the country.
Yep. Rooney is on the cover again, and with his mouth open as usual.
Sounds like a great line-up of goodies are coming to DS, PS3, and 360.
Infinity Ward and DICE both offer opinions on the “rivalry” between each’s respective shooter.
Final Fantasy Type-0 is lovely. These screens prove it.
Ubisoft believes it finally has the upper hand on pirates. Yaar, etc.
Two new videos for Driver showing off the shift mode.
Nintendo’s price drop was a direct reflection of Vita competition, say analysts.
Can you smell it from here? We sure can. Look out for the People’s Elbow.
Shorts are short today. League of Legends in Poland, Mobage hits Andorid in the west, EVE is combating lag, and ESPN is getting a Dashboard update and more on XBL in August.
That’s it for me today. I am off to entertain a bunch of teenage boys. Not in the way you are thinking though. Damn perverts.