Your Monday is just beginning but mine – alas! – is at an end. Here’s the run down on everything that happened during the opening hours of the Aussie news desk.
Monday here in the glorious future is actually Sunday in the US, so we don’t see a lot of action hereabouts. I spent most of the day scurrying about sourcing some excellent upcoming content for you. There’s still some interesting reading in the list below, though – check it out.
Johnny will have a European wrap for you when afternoon tea rolls around in sunny (?) Ireland, but Steph doesn’t do Mondays, the lucky thing. And, as always, don’t miss Pat’s delightful bedside manner as he nurses you through your Monday morning woes with the Bulletcast.
- I can move any mountain: From Dust hands-on
Stace had a go at From Dust. I am so jelly. I want to play this game so badly I considered sending him some sort of unpleasant package in the mail.
- Mass Effect 3 to allow more consequential player choices
Since BioWare doesn’t have any pesky continuity issues with the final Commander Shepard game, it can really cut loose with multiple endings and plotlines.
- Trine 2 developer diary spotlights a revamped Knight
Will this oft-delayed, lusciously beautiful indie sequel ever see the light of day? Yes, and it’ll be better for the wait, apparently.
- Quick Shots – Wargame: European Escalation holds a tank battle
Thirty to forty years ago we almost had a full scale war in Europe. Now you can pretend that happened! Which seems a bit off, really, given how many real ones we’ve had in the interim.
- Dead Rising 2 saves unlock Off The Record content
Every day I get to use a Dead Rising screenshot is a day I notch up some job satisfaction.
- Zelda producer thinks Majora’s Mask remake is possible
Nintendo? Resurrect a successful and popular property? No.
- Acti always planned on Goldeneye 007: Reloaded HD releases
Activision knows as well as you do that approximately six people play multiplayer shooters on the Wii.
- Skyward Sword to feature upgradable items
Zelda: Now with 100 percent more instances of backtracking until you have the right tool.
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations to sport more recruiting action
It sounds like gaining allies in AssCreeRev will be more involved than wandering around and hoping to meet ladies in distress, while watching the blokes get beat up by guards. Especially that one with the lute.
- Id’s mobile development not yet “all planned out”
Rage is probably the best hardcore game on the App Store, but id doesn’t seem sure it wants to invest in smartphones.
- New Soul Calibur V characters profiled
“Why doesn’t Ivy have a grand canyon cleavage by now?” and other knotty questions unravelled.
- Mass Effect 3’s default FemShep look open to fan feedback
I’m quite sad that BioWare don’t feel the original default FemShep is worth pursuing when male Shepard is the most generic protagonist alive, but at least she’s still available in the Mass Effect 3.
- Twisted Metal gives up Teen rating ambitions
David Jaffe apparently made it through an entire Comic Con panel without producing a single quotable swear, or any controversial headline bait. But still! Interesting snippets of info about, you know, his actual game.
- Devil Survivor Overclocked trailer is incomprehensibly tempting
I’m really digging Atlus lately, diving into the quagmire that is the Megami Tensei franchise. This 3DS remake looks like a good place to get on board Devil Survivor before the sequel hits.
You’re safely cradled in Johnny’s strong, masculine hands now, so I’m off to explore the Dungeons of Dredmor. This cross-platform indie rogue-like is five bucks on Steam, and likely to suck my life down its ravenous gullet. Procedural generation forever!