Commander Shepard’s a girl. Who knew? We did. Get this amazing revelation and all of this morning’s other major headlines below the fold.
No video today. I have a meeting. You’ll see my beautiful face again tomorrow.
- BioWare’s explained to Brenna why it’s taken so long for the female Commander Shepard to be recognised in Mass Effect’s marketing.
- SCEE’s 3D boss, Mick Hocking, has been talking up PS3 3D and a potential VR return ahead of his Develop keynote on Thursday.
- Microsoft’s Dennis Durkin has said the company won’t try to force Kinect on core gamers.
- It’s being rumoured that Avatar Kinect will launch next week in the wake of a 360 system update.
- Gamestop reckons new Sony and Microsoft hardware could be with us in 2014. It’s a popular view.
- NCsoft’s confirmed it’s going to be making a big announcement at gamescom.
- Square’s confirmed it’s to launch Final Fantasy XIII-2 in the west next January.
- Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon hits Europe on Friday for 360 and PS3. Watch this to see if it’s any good. Spoiler: it is.
- Tane Mumea, the first all-new character in EA’s SSX reboot, has been shown.
- EA has made its new Texas development studio official, announcing 300 new jobs to boot.
- Tommy Refenes and Edmund McMillen “don’t fucking care” that Super Meat Boy gets pirated. It’s all gravy, apparently.
- Voltron: Defender of the Universe exists.
- Capcom’s cancelled MegaMan Legends 3, less than a year after its announcement.
- El Shaddai: Ascension’s been delayed in the US.
- Microsoft’s announced pre-order incentives for the Halo CE reboot.