The Japanese hardware and software charts for the week ending June 19 finds 3DS back on top after 12 weeks thanks to Ocarina’s re-release.
Revamped classic takes a close second
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D may have helped 3DS to take the top spot on the hardware charts, but according to Media Create, it was a little over 2,000 units short of besting Level-5’s Little Battle eXperience, which also debuted during the week.
However, Japan’s other chart tracker, Enterbrain, has Zelda topping software and LBE coming in second, but unlike Media Create, it doesn’t provide any figures.
It’s rumored that stock in Zelda was a bit low in Japan for the reporting period, so if true, the numbers may possibly be a bit higher next week as the title was only available for three days of the week reported.
Below is Media Create’s top 20 sales chart for the week ending June 19, 2011. Last week’s figures can be found here.
- Little Battle eXperience (PSP) – 166,187 (New)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D (3DS) – 164,110 (New)
- Yakuza Of The End (PS3) – 53,775
- Steins; Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling (Xbox 360) – 31,666 (New)
- Steins; Gate Double Pack (Xbox 360) – 11,041 (New)
- Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) – 9,062
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (NDS) – 7,997
- Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (NDS) – 6,609
- Wii Party (Wii) – 6,556
- One Piece Unlimited Cruise Special (3DS) – 6,549
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii Remote Plus Pack) (Wii) – 6,476
- Pokemon Black & White (NDS) – 6,434
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (PSP) – 4,232
- Patapon 3 (PSP) – 4,136
- Mario Kart Wii (Wii) – 3,939
- Steins; Gate (360 Platinum Collection) (Xbox 360) – 3,914 (New)
- Sangokurensenki Otome no Heihou (PS2) – 3,872 (New)
- Wii Fit Plus (Wii) – 3,844
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP) – 3,758
- Akiba’s Trip (PSP) – 3,601
Software top 20 chart offerings per system:
- PSP – 5
- WII – 4
- NDS – 3
- 3DS – 3
- 360 – 3
- PS3 – 1
- PS2 – 1
Software takes 360 into the top 10
Not only did 3DS benefit from a new release this week, Xbox 360 did as well, thanks to the release of Steins; Gate Hiyoku Renri no Darling and the Steins; Gate Double Pack debuting in fourth and fifth place, respectively. Combined, both titles moved 42,707 units total, putting Xbox 360 into seventh place on the hardware chart.
3DS moved 40,649 for the week, which compared to last week’s 24,649 units is quite a significant boost.
Its nearest rival, PSP, also sold more units for the period, but the increase was a modest 5,060 compared to last week.
PS3 sales were down a bit, but the console still landed in third place with PS2 landing in eighth with a slight unit increase, and PSPgo last selling 14 units less than last week.
Nintendo’s Wii, DSi and DSi LL offerings also saw and increase over last week, although small. DS Lite, though, sold 109 units during the period, which is 37 units down over the week prior.
Media Create will release a more in-depth analysis of hardware on Friday, so we will update the post accordingly when the information becomes available. In the meantime, here are the individual unit sales for each offering:
Japanese hardware, June 13 – June 19, 2011 (separate SKUs)
- 3DS – 40,649
- PSP – 31,741
- PS3 – 16,081
- Wii – 6,678
- DSi LL – 5,464
- DSi – 5,322
- X360 – 2,875
- PS2 – 1,346
- DS Lite -109
- PSP go – 55