Cryptic and Atari sent over some nice bits of concept art and a fact sheet for Neverwinter, the latest title in the Dungeon & Dragons series set in the Forgotten Realms universe.
Check out the pertinent information pulled straight from the fact sheet.
One hundred years have passed since the Spellplague forever changed the magical and mysterious lands of Faerûn. Mighty empires fell and great cities toppled, leaving only monster-haunted ruins and survivors struggling to rebuild. The city of Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North, seemed blessed by the gods. While the rest of the Sword Coast was devastated by the event, Neverwinter survived largely intact. But this was only a temporary reprieve from its inevitable doom. Nearly 75 years later, a volcanic eruption rained fire, ash and molten fury upon the city, annihilating everything in its wake.
Today, Neverwinter has restored much of its former glory. The survivors are rebuilding their fallen city and reclaiming their heritage. Humans, dwarves and elves work together to create a new Neverwinter. But evil forces conspire in the dark places of the world, seeking to undermine all…
- Neverwinter Reborn: Explore and defend one of the most beloved cities from Dungeons & Dragons as it rises from the ashes of destruction. This immersive co-op RPG will take you from the besieged walls of the city to subterranean passageways in search of forgotten secrets and lost treasure.
- Challenging, Complex, Classic: Epic stories, stategic gameplay and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fanastic world of Neverwinter.
- Build Your Fantasy: Easy-to-grasp adventure creation tools empower players. Bring compelling quests to life and build challenging levels! Share creations with the entire world in-game. Become a part of the existing Dungeons & Dragons universe… Then build a new one.
- Play With Friends or Go It Alone: Encounter dangerous foes and perilous environments. Work strategically with others to overcome nightmares, demons, monsters and beasts of legend. Or, lead AI-directed henchmen as you save Neverwinter from the brink of destruction.
- New D&D, Beloved D&D: Neverwinter is a true Dungeons & Dragons experience, brought to life with the dynamic Cryptic game engine.
- The Foundry: You’ve played tabletop campaigns, sketched out dungeons and imagined ancient ruins, wishing all the while that you could make them come to life. Now, you can. The Foundry for Neverwinter lets you build and share the adventures you’ve always wanted to see. The Foundry gives you the tools to build dungeons, castles, cities, foreboding woods and everything in-between. Build NPC’s the way you see them in your mind’s eye and populate your world with tavern keepers and soldiers, Queens and scullions. Lay the groundwork for an epic adventure that takes players into the depths of the earth in search of dwarven treasure, or pits them against near impossible odds to save the city of Neverwinter. It also features a dynamic rating system that allows players to rate and highlight the best player-designed adventures.
Neverwinter is slated for a Q4 release on PC, and you can check out the teaser trailer for it here.