Media Create has said that Nintendo 3DS had seen its worst sales period in Japan since it launched in the country in February.
In a period where the country celebrated national holiday Golden Week, 3DS’s sales of 18,324 is the worst the handheld has seen in Japan since the February release.
It gets worse for Nintendo: Wii sales dropped to sub-10k, coming in at 6,336 from 11,520 of last week. Nintendo will show off Wii’s predecessor at E3 in two-and-a-half weeks.
PSP was the main hardware winner with sales of 34,826, despite a 37 percent hardware decline for all platforms. Get the hardware lot for the week of May 9 below.
- PSP – 34,826
- Nintendo 3DS – 18,324
- PlayStation 3 – 13,789
- Nintendo DS – 10,858
- Wii – 6,336
- Xbox 360 – 2,763
- PlayStation 2 – 1,319
Software: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 still reigns
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 still reigned the software charts, maintaining the top spot ahead of Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou for PS3. The only new big entry was Steel Diver at three for 3DS.
You can find the top ten below.
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 – Professional (DS) – 20,722
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (PS3) – 18,831
- Steel Diver (3DS) – 17,408
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou (PSP) – 14,953
- Patapon 3 (PSP) – 12,959
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (PSP) – 10,166
- Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume (PSP) – 9,222 (new)
- Final Promise Story (PSP) – 6,915
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (PlayStation 3) – 6,586
- Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Wars Z: Hakai-hen (PSP) – 6,290