Microsoft just dropped details and prices on Gears of War 3’s two special editions, with the latter not for the budget-conscious.
Gears of War 3 will be available in three editions when it launches on September 20, with the standard, Limited and Epic SKUs to cost £50, £60 and £100 respectively.
The Epic and Limited editions are detailed in a new vidoc, Gears 3: Inside the Wicked Workshop, which you can watch below.
The movie has Gears art boss Chris Perna showing the creative process in shaping Gears of War 3 and the “ultimate fan collectibles” of the action game’s special editions.
The Epic edition features “a hand-crafted statue of Marcus Fenix, designed by his own hand and brought to life by the expert artisans at Triforce.”
Here what you’ll get is you decide to “go large”:
Limited edition (£60)
- An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag (!).
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
- Marcus Fenix statue – It’s 11.2 inches high and weighs 1.7 kilos. How can you not want that
hidden away from all females in the houseproudly displayed on your mantlepiece?
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – A book by Tom Bissell including 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack – Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the “Gears of War 3” Limited Edition.
It’s only £100. Think of the statue.