Capcom is in the money. The company said this morning that operating profit for FY2011 stood at ¥14.3 billion yen (£108.5 million, $177.8 million), up 156 percent on the previous year.
Sales for the 12 months ending March 31, 2011 increased to ¥97.7 billion yen (£741.2 million, $1.2 billion), up 46 percent from 2010.
Capcom also reported that five titles shipped more than 1 million units worldwide in the period. They are:
- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 – 4.6 million units
- Dead Rising 2 – 2.2 million units
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 – 2 million units
- Super Street Fighter IV – 1.6 million units
- Lost Planet 2 – 1.5 million units
Last month, Capcom showed off a strong range of its upcoming line-up at Captivate in Miami, including Street Fighter x Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City and Dragon’s Dogma.